Monday 25 February 2013

THANKS MAA

Effervescent bubbling kids, colourful costumes and anxious and excited parents all over a playpark themed studio set.

I wrote this blog just after I was watching a reality show meant for drawing talent out of the little kids between the age of 3 - 12 I'm guessing!
And while I saw.. I just cudnt help smiling and gigging away to glory looking at each little bundle of energetic nerves perform!

Took me back to my kiddy days when I was a little pampered kid myself. Was?!  ... I still am ... just not "little" any more! :p

Like every daughter... I was an "out and out" daddy's girl (photographic evidence attached herewith). I saw a "superhero" in my father and couldn't get my eyes off him. My day began with running into his arms, seeking attention, getting pampered, bragging about him in school to my friends, waiting for him to come home so that I could hop into his car and go out for fun.

He indeed was my rescue man. He was my knight in shining armour who would save me from all the disciplinary protocols my mother had set for me. Things like "school" "homeworks" "getting up early" "having milk" ... urrghh!! Disgusting rules I'd say to myself !! (See my face in the picture with her?? Proof enough!)

I almost thought and was reasonably convinced that my mom hated me with the kind of rule book she had for me. Of all the things she would plan for me to do throughout the day,not a single activity in the entire agenda would even remotely mean "funnnn" for me!

I even proposed to my dad once (in supreme overconfidence) about getting another"nicer mom" in exchange of the one I had! Of course my super hero dad smiled and humbly explained to me that she was indeed a veryyyy nice mom and it's just that I need to understand her better.

Never understood what he really meant! :p. ... But I was just glad he never mentioned my grand idea to mom then.....else I'm sure I wudnt be alive today to write and share it here... ;)

Those were the days.. pampering dad and beating to pulp mom .. what a combination I say! Tee he hehe

One little incident in this reality show caught my attention. There was a little girl who superbly enacted a solo performance on a dialogue between a mom and daughter. The judges applauded her talent and asked if her mom was around. The smiling girls face suddenly turned pale and tears brimmed her eyes. She tried her best to keep them from rolling onto her cheeks but failed. Her 5 year old self was perhaps not experienced enough to hide the strong emotions that filled her up on her mom's mention.

The judges nudged her and asked the crew to call her father. That's when her father who accompanied her told the audience that she had just recently lost her mother. In no time I and I'm sure most people in the audience had goose bumps all over. I was awed at the kind of strength and will the little girl had in her to hide or atleast pretend to hide such a huge void in her life.

Throughout her performance she was commendable and nothing about her reflected her vulnerable side.

We sometimes so easily take things for granted.

Life takes us through different phases. Some good. Some difficult. We make mistakes. People come. People go. Some love you. Some hate you. But... that One force. One voice. One strength. That constantly continues to say I love you...is your MOTHER.

At 3, 13, 30 or 60 we still feel like little children in front of our mothers. I DO.

Though these words were written by Ms. Celine Dion to express her love to man who loved her the most.

I find them aptly fitting my love for my mom. This one is for you maa!

"You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see You saw the best there was in me Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

My world is a better place because of you maa !

I'm everything I am Because you loved me ...

P.s.. Love your moms! However monstrous they seem to you sometime or the other in life. They are the amazing powerhouses of love strength and care God gifted us with. Im so glad dad dint take my "exchange proposal" seriously!

Love you maa!

No comments:

Post a Comment